You can burn an audio CD in iTunes. Here's how:
Create your own audio CDs Using iTunes ®
To make your own CD, you need:
- A disc drive that can burn CDs
- A blank CD. If you plan to play the CD on a consumer CD player (not only on a computer), you need to use a blank CD-R disc, not a CD-RW disc.
- An iTunes playlist containing the songs you want on the CD.
You can fit about (an estimated) 74 minutes of music (about 20 songs) on a 650 MB CD-R disc. Some discs can contain 80 minutes (700 MB) of music. (You can see the size of the selected playlist at the bottom of the iTunes window.)
To Create an Audio CD:
- Select or create a playlist containing the songs you want to burn to the CD.
- Insert a blank disc.
- Choose File > “Burn Playlist to Disc.”
- Select Audio CD as the Disc Format.
- Choose your options: Preferred Speed > Select Maximum Possible(Recommended), Gap Between Songs > Select None
- Click Burn
This will burn a CD playable on CD players, even if the original CDs were m4a files. The original files don't need to be MP3 files